People love to feel welcome regardless of language. A pleasant greeting goes a long way, whether you're entering the house of a family member or the office of a new customer.
When users join your app, the same thing applies. It is critical to introduce yourself to establish the tone for your product and build relationships with your audience. This is where onboarding push notifications prove their worth.
In this article, we’re offering you a collection of the best onboarding push notification templates to use in 2021.
You've mastered first impressions in the physical world - you're personable, well-presented, and know your differentiator inside and out. But what happens when the screens are turned on?
Communicating in the digital age is a completely different ballgame. Human behavior and body language are tossed out the door.
So, how can you ensure that your company's brand values are upheld both online and offline?
By assuring that your onboarding approach extends further than the first three screens of app engagement and into your push notification strategy. That's how it's done. If users don't grasp the benefit of your software and how to utilize it, their odds of churning skyrocket.
What Is User Onboarding?
Consider onboarding to be the virtual handshake that adds a reassuring human element to your user experience. The term "onboarding" is derived from the Human Resources (HR) practice of organizational socialization.
Suppose you get a great new job, and on your first workday, you meet with Mary in HR to go over the company's onboarding process. Mary will fill you in with the information, skills, and behaviors needed to operate as an effective team member during your initial onboarding session.
Because of excellent onboarding, you receive a promotion after 6 months, progressively ascend to the top of the organization, and, eventually, achieve your objective of world dominance. Bless you, Mary!
Onboarding in the digital era is similar, just like the above example. Simply replace the new job with a newly downloaded application and Mary from HR with demo screens demonstrating how the software works. And then, voila! You have digital onboarding.
Samuel Hulick, a UX expert, feels that the early stages of digital onboarding are crucial to the total user experience of technology. Effective tech onboarding improves the probability that new users will embrace mobile applications successfully.
App developers should strive to develop onboarding experiences that provide knowledge in a seamless, consumable manner. You can accomplish this by focusing on important moments of success early in the client experience.
How To Onboard New Users Effectively
Campaign for Customer Onboarding
You must nurture the customer once they have subscribed to your push alerts. You must inform users about your business and offerings. This will strengthen the subscriber's bond with your brand.
You can send a sequence of push notifications periodically using a user onboarding campaign. Customers will be more engaged and loyal as a result of this.
Whenever a new customer subscribes/joins, he feels excited. However, user enthusiasm dwindles over time. User onboarding assists in keeping users engaged for an extended period of time.
Notification of Arrival or Welcome Messages
Whenever a new user subscribes, you must send an immediate notification. It serves two purposes:
Greetings to new users
Confirming that the user has successfully subscribed
Onboarding Templates for Push Notifications Campaigns
Here is a collection of brilliant onboarding templates based on their use cases for you to get started with your push notification campaigns.
1. For Ecommerce Websites
The majority of eCommerce websites have multiple categories. Users must be informed about your main items and category. During the onboarding process, this is where you can exchange information with your consumer.
Some onboarding push notification templates for e-commerce are:
Day 1: Welcome X (user name) to Y (your site name)! Check our best products and categories.
Day 2: Thanks for joining Y (company name)! As a token of appreciation, we are offering you a 10% discount on any order for today. Grab the deal now!
Day 3: Check our latest collection at (insert link of your products and categories page)
Day 5: Take a look at what our other customers think of our products. Here are the recent reviews! Feel free to let us know how you feel about us.
Day 10: Free shipping for today! We are offering all our products with free delivery only for today. Hurry up and don’t miss out on the opportunity!
2. For SaaS Websites
Customers must be informed about your SaaS products and their features. You can highlight many different features and how to use them in the onboarding push notification series.
Some onboarding push notification templates for SaaS products are:
Day 1: Welcome X (user name)! We are Y (company name). We provide (solutions you offer). We are pleased to have you with us on our journey!
Day 2: Take a look at how to set up your account before diving deep into the features. Here is a short video that will help you out!
Day 5: 5-min read! Here is an informative article on“Best Practices of (a topic that relates to the services you are offering)”.
Day 10: Are you interested to learn more about us? Here are some case studies to give you an idea. Feel free to leave any feedback.
Day 17: Now you can make a demo request to try out (products/services you want to promote)! Feel free to schedule a call or reach us out at (email address).
Day 25: Take a look at some of the reviews that we got from our previous users. Feel free to let us know how you feel about us.
Day 30: We are arranging a virtual session of our upcoming updates and offers. You are cordially invited. Here’s the link to the session! (Insert link)
3. For Travel Websites
Most travel websites include a variety of services such as travel bookings, hotel reservations, car rentals, and more. The onboarding campaign highlights all of your offerings. Share the best vacation spots with new users.
Some onboarding push notification templates for travel websites are:
1. Right After Joining: Welcome to X! Check out the best vacation spots with your friends and family!
2. The Next Day: Use “TRAVEL15” to avail 15% discount on your first booking. Hurry up!
3. After 5 Days of Signing-up: Looking for the top vacation spots? Here are some all-time destinations to spend with your family!
4. After 10-12 Days Of Last Notification: Best Deals!!! Up to 25% off on your bookings for the rest of the month. Grab the deal now!
5. After 20 Days of Last Notification: Last chance to win a trip to Bali! Share your travel moments and experiences with us and get a chance to win a trip to Bali! Just upload your traveling pictures/videos on Facebook/Instagram and tag us.
6. After 1 Month of Signing-Up: Celebrating 1 month of hassle-free traveling! To celebrate your first month with us, we are offering you a 30% discount on all bookings for the next 7 days! Take the vacation you badly wanted.
4. For Job Websites
Job sites are there to provide job-related information. However, they also provide a range of other services such as resume writing and personality development programs. They have two kinds of subscriber base: Job Seeker and Employee.
For the employment website, you will have 2 types of onboarding campaigns. Share pertinent information with them via the onboarding campaign. You can provide resume services, application forms, and testimonials for the job seeker group. The idea is to keep them on your website as long as possible.
Some onboarding push notification templates for job websites are:
1. Right After Joining: Welcome to X (Your Company)! Be updated and get alerts on the job market. Be informed about new job openings!
2. After 2 Days of sending the previous notification: Thanks for joining, X! Now you connect to more than 1000+ leading companies in the United States. Apply now and get hired!
3. After 4 Days of sending the previous notification: Keeping your profile updated can increase your chance of getting hired by at least 60%! Get into the shortlist by updating your profile, NOW!
4. After 6 Days of previous notification: Tired of getting rejected? Here are some interview tips from our experts.
5. After 10 Days of Last Notification: Recruiters spend only 6 seconds reviewing your resume. Is your resume up-to-date? Create a professional and attractive resume now, click here!
6. After 15 Days of Last Notification: We have helped 5000+ candidates to land their dream job! Check out what they have to say about us.
5. For Gaming Website
People nowadays spend hours online. The gaming business has benefited largely as a result. The gaming website may keep customers engaged on its platform by implementing a push notification onboarding campaign.
A gaming website has a wide selection of games. Users could get bored after a while. An onboarding strategy can assist you in retaining the user's attention. A sample onboarding push notification template for gaming websites is shown below:
1. Right After Joining: Welcome to X (Your Company)! Be updated and get alerts on game updates and freebies! Here is your 50 point joining bonus!
2. After 2 Days of sending the previous notification: Get connected to gamers worldwide! Enjoy the realm of gaming.
3. After 4 Days of sending the previous notification: Bonus Points! Log in to the site every day to claim free points every day!
4. After 6 Days of previous notification: Bored of playing the same old games? Try these new and exciting games NOW!
5. After 10 Days of Last Notification: Keep your profile updated and protect your account. We offer the highest security of your e-wallet.
6. After 15 Days of Last Notification: Best Premium Deals! Get 20% off on the yearly membership package. Available for the next 24 hours. Hurry up, grab the deal now!
Best Welcome Notification Templates
The welcoming message is the first notification that a user will get when subscribing to your push notifications. Design a notification that lets new subscribers feel like they did the right thing by subscribing to push notifications.
Here are some of the top welcome notification templates:
Give a Welcome Voucher
A Welcome Voucher is one of the best methods to welcome a new subscriber. Give them a discount on their initial purchase.
Title: Thanks for subscribing!
Description: This is a small present from us. 10% off your first purchase. Use the code "1234."
Provide Premium Features
Who doesn’t love premium features for free?
Title: Unlocked Features
Description: Exclusive bonus - premium features are now available for your account!
Offer Free Delivery
Any user would love free deliveries. So offering free shipment for a number of purchases can be a good way to keep your user hooked to your business.
Title: Free Delivery
Appreciate you very much for subscribing. Get free shipping on your next ten purchases.
Offer Free Gifts
Give the new subscribers an incentive that will attract them to subscribe. What can attract them more than a free gift?
Title: Claim Your Free Gift!
Description: Your subscription has been successful. To claim the prize, click here.
That brings us to the end of our templates for both welcoming notifications and onboarding campaigns that you can use for your business.
A new subscriber is a potential prospect for you. You can effortlessly keep them engaged with your business by implementing an onboarding push notification campaign.
Sign up today and get your onboarding push notification campaigns up and running with Monsy!